impure_tale (
impure_tale) wrote2014-08-12 04:09 pm
Entry tags:
248 - [Video]
Hello and welcome home, lovelies. I hope our last outing treated you well. To those new arrivals with whom I've yet to meet -- well, I suppose the point in introducing myself now is so that you can say you met me. The Marquis de Sade -- for the moment, at your service.
[ A cordial bow to the camera, all the same. But then he looks a little uncomfortable, but resigned. ]
I never thought I would be saying this, but it is time. Nearly seven years, I've lived on this ship -- a portion of that as an Inmate. I've written and sent pornography to angels, done battle with the undead but also enjoyed some lovely conversations with a few. I've fallen in love -- more than once. I've died. [ An odd pause. He frowns. ] I've even killed. Read books. Sang songs. Made a friend or two. Flirted with comely fellows, and found myself lucky.
Also unlucky on occasion. [ A little smile and wink. ]
The point is that in all those years, I've lived in relative happiness despite the chaos. I wish to believe I've become a better man than I ever was for even a moment in life.
...I'm also ready to return to living outside of the Barge. Yes, by the end of the month, I expect to have departed. I have arrangements to make first. Goodbyes to say. A severance package to negotiate. [ Smirk. ] While I believe there is much good I can do here, and have done, I also believe it is for others to look after Inmates, now, fond as I am of my current charge. I have the greatest of faith that the lot of you will take care of him for me, but as for myself?
I feel it's time someone looked after me for a while, and I've kept someone waiting for too long.
[ A cordial bow to the camera, all the same. But then he looks a little uncomfortable, but resigned. ]
I never thought I would be saying this, but it is time. Nearly seven years, I've lived on this ship -- a portion of that as an Inmate. I've written and sent pornography to angels, done battle with the undead but also enjoyed some lovely conversations with a few. I've fallen in love -- more than once. I've died. [ An odd pause. He frowns. ] I've even killed. Read books. Sang songs. Made a friend or two. Flirted with comely fellows, and found myself lucky.
Also unlucky on occasion. [ A little smile and wink. ]
The point is that in all those years, I've lived in relative happiness despite the chaos. I wish to believe I've become a better man than I ever was for even a moment in life.
...I'm also ready to return to living outside of the Barge. Yes, by the end of the month, I expect to have departed. I have arrangements to make first. Goodbyes to say. A severance package to negotiate. [ Smirk. ] While I believe there is much good I can do here, and have done, I also believe it is for others to look after Inmates, now, fond as I am of my current charge. I have the greatest of faith that the lot of you will take care of him for me, but as for myself?
I feel it's time someone looked after me for a while, and I've kept someone waiting for too long.

no subject
[He just looks sort of... Not bewildered, he doesn't do bewildered, but he never saw this one coming.]
no subject
Yes.
no subject
no subject
Do you have any idea how boring that is?
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
[ End of an era: this here. Megamind flutters his hands a bit. He's been a friend and a lover and the idea of the Marquis -- as much part of the ship as anything -- is kind of terrifying. ]
[ But.... The Marquis deserves to go home, and be happy. ]
Well. That's-- yes. I'm happy for you. Though I will miss you.
no subject
no subject
[ Still gonna be in shock for a little bit, though. ]
no subject
Wine, later? A walk, perhaps?
no subject
If there's anything you'd like taken to Eddie, too -- once I get where I need to be, I'll... yes. Take it to him.
no subject
no subject
[Video]
[So grouchy. But it's totally over the topic he's addressing, not anything else. At all.]
[Video]
[Video]
[He crosses his arms, leans back against the wall he's sitting in front of, and just keeps frowning. There's no smile to accompany such a statement of victory. ]
All I have to do is wait it out.
[Video]
And don't assume I won't be along to check on you from time to time if you stubbornly decide to test that theory.
[Video]
[Case in point. No, he doesn't care that the Marquis is allowed to leave wherever he wants. His point stands anyway. People disappear with no rhyme or reason or whether or not anyone would prefer them to stay. He considers it all the same.]
Your situation isn't technically the rule.
[Video]
You're younger in spirit than you are willing to admit, Dark Heart. Use this place to grow. That's all I ask of you.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
[video]
Or maybe she wouldn't have. She'll never know, now.]
I can't even begin to imagine all the sh--things you must have seen, being here for that long. I've only been here since May, and already I...I've seen a lot. [And changed a little.]
[video]
[video]
[She's wistful at the thought, she supposes.]
I'm sorry that I never got the chance to know you. But I wish you all the best. It sounds like you've definitely earned it.
[video]
[video]
[video]
I'm not one to be so sorely missed, I assure you.
[video]
[video]
Was there anything in particular you wished to know? Any rumors I can dispel for you?
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[Yeah, sorry. Powers was going to try to find some more eloquent words for it, than that, but it's just not happening. His sense of horror is pretty palpable.]
[video]
[video]
I don't know; you tell me. When you had first been dragged here as an inmate, how would you have reacted? To hearing someone say they had been aboard this ship for nearly seven years.
[video]
If he weren't so insufferable.
[video]
[Because that guy is definitely the "I have been here forever and I'm pretty bold about it" of this generation, let's say.]
Let's see, I was brought aboard...oh. Has it really been five months? Or, nearly that, at the least. [He didn't realize, until now, and he's trying not to be rattled even further.] I've been through two ports and six floods. [Even quieter, still.] I was here for this most recent stop at the Mirror Barge. I was one of the people the Joker killed.
[video]
[ He frowns at the mention of the mirror barge. ]
My condolences for that. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think that my other self was killed before our last visit, and no one wished to revive him. It left me a mite unsettled to be so very aware that I had been displaced. As it was, he has been there as long as I have been here, and he never graduated.
[video]
[video]
[video]
[That smirk stays put, even as his tone evens out to something not nearly so flippant.]
So, given your lengthy run of the Barge, any advice? I suppose you have quite a bit, obviously. But anything particular to a man of my current experience?
no subject
late, sorry
[Arthas is only on audio, but he sounds a little disquieted.]
Do you think you'll be back?
no subject
no subject
Had to get one last flirt in, didn't you.